FabFitFun Review: Winter 2018 Box + GIVING AWAY 8 FREE STARTER BOXES
BACKSTORY: The details of my obsession
I’ll admit I was skeptical at first. I had seen FabFitFun ads on my Facebook timeline or on Instagram, but I always figured I would not be one to “fall into that trap”.
However, when I saw the contents of the Summer 2018 Editor’s Box, I could not stay away any longer. I took that leap of faith, and I have been OBSESSED ever since. I actually obsessively check the Facebook page for spoilers before they ship out boxes, and of course I regularly check on shipping updates to see where my box is and more importantly WHEN WILL IT GET HERE.
It really is like Christmas 4 times a year.
Except you get a little bit of a sneak peak beforehand- it is nice that you can’t see everything you will get until the box is shipped. Even then it is something you can choose not to look at if you like surprises- I cheat and peek every time because I have no patience haha!
WINTER 2018 BOX: What is in it??
My Winter 2018 Box retails in total for $334! Not only is it a great deal financially but also gives me the chance to try products I would never have encountered otherwise. The price would probably deter me, because I would not want to waste the money if I did not know I would love it!
❄️ Mark & Graham ColorBlock Throw in “Natural/Ivory” – Retails for: $49
Woven throw with a stripe design and fringe detailing. Also available in the color “Gray/Ivory”
- Such a cozy, comfy blanket! It is the perfect size to share for 2 people, and it is so comfortable as well as chic! It is also great to drape over your shoulders when you are a little chilly!
- I actually used this to drape over a large box under the Christmas tree as a background decoration for presents as well as Christmas photos!
❄️ Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in “Meringue” – Retails for: $26
A high-impact lipstick in a peachy-nude shade. This lipstick is handcrafted to deliver intense moisture and creamy wear.
- The first time I tried Bite lipstick was for my free Sephora birthday gift, and I loved it! The formula is so smooth and long-lasting but it doesn’t dry out your lips either! This is such a fun nude color, but I’m not sure I will ever wear it so I will probably gift it to someone who can pull it off better than I can!
❄️ Sherrie Matthews Acupuncture Jade Stone Roller – Retails for: $45
Jade rollers have been used by Chinese empresses for centuries (SHOUTOUT TO MY ANCESTRY HERE!🙋🏻) to help stimulate Qi (energy) and to promote a feeling of facial relaxation and general well-being
- I actually became obsessed with these a few months back, and this one I am gifting to my mom to use! It is so great to stick the roller directly in the freezer or fridge to make it nice and cold to de-puff your face in the morning or just to relax at night. I put mine in a plastic Ziploc bag just because I don’t trust the cleanliness of my fridge/want to put food particles on my face. It is also is really good for rolling in any facial oils (I am OBSESSED with BioOil recently as a night moisturizer).
❄️ Moroccan Gold Series Treatment Mask – Retails for: $49
Seals split ends, strengthens hair, and makes your tresses more manageable with a fortifying blend of argan oil and keratin
- My hair always turns straw-like on the bottom, because it gets so dry. The only thing that has ever helped with that is Pantene conditioner, but it can only do so much! I have tried so many different oils and hair masks to no avail. I will update on this one because I have high hopes!
❄️ Way of Will Elevate Essential Oil Set: Sweet Orange & Eucalyptus Oil – Retails for: $31
Unlike typical essential oils, these oils can be applied directly onto the skin. Eucalyptus helps with sore muscles and cold symptoms, while Sweet Orange eases stomach cramps and headaches.
- Eucalyptus oil is my go-to scent for relaxation. I first discovered it with a Bath & Body Works lotion meant for focus I believe, but I found the scent so relaxing and calming that I use it for that instead. I guess in a way relaxing allows you to focus. I love love LOVE essential oils, and they are so great to dab on your pressure points (wrist, temple, etc) in order to surround yourself in the aroma and relax in the case of eucalyptus. I know people will mix it with coconut oil or other oils and lather it on their skin to moisturize or as a type of perfume, but I have not tried that personally yet.
❄️ H Halston Jewelry Portfolio – Retails for: $48
Large, zippered portfolio with 3 organizational sections to store rings, bracelets, necklaces, + more
- I use the necklace clips to organize headphones & charger cords since I don’t really wear necklaces!
❄️ Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eye Brightener in “Stella” – Retails for: $24
Infused with macadamia and meadowfoam oil, this silky champagne eye brightener instantly highlights and brightens your eyes.
- I have not yet tried this, but I drew it on my wrist and it goes down very smoothly yet pigmented. I am SUPER excited to try this for New Years Eve as well as other upcoming occasions! I love a good eye highlighter, especially in the summer when everything is dull and gray outside.
❄️ AHAVA Hydration Cream Mask – Retails for: $33
Enriched with mineral spring water, shea butter, and vitamin E, this rich, creamy mask softens and smooths the skin while providing intense hydration and comfort. TIP: Use this as a 3-minute hydration boost or as an overnight sleeping mask.
- I have yet to try this mask, but I am excited as I loved the AHAVA hand cream I received in a previous box. I have eczema and get such dry skin- especially on my hands since I am constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer at the pharmacy. And, their hand cream did wonders to restore the moisture into my hands. I can only imagine what their hydration cream mask can do for me!
- I have been sick from the flu the past few days (don’t be fooled these are older photos that I have only now gotten to posting. Hint: Look at the festive green sweater and red shoes hinting towards Christmas!), and my face really needs a pick-me-up so this mask might be exactly what I need!
❄️ BLAQ Hydrogel Eye Mask with Hyaluronic Acid – Retails for: $29
Is your under-eye area puffy or swollen? Detox and de-puff with this activated charcoal eye mask for a refreshed look. TIP: Leave the eye mask on for 10-15 minutes before carefully peeling it off the skin.
- I have yet to try this as well (re: out of commission flu mentioned above), but I love anything that has hyaluronic acid. It works so well- my skin is very sensitive so I cannot use it all that often, but it always does wonders for exfoliating off dead skin and refreshing my face.
Winter Box Add-Ons
If you are not yet aware, FabFitFun members get the pleasure of shopping the seasonal Edit Sale. What is that you may ask? It is a sale that features beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness, and lifestyle items at 30% to 70% off.
Now at first I was skeptical too. What are all these items (some of which are on the pricier side) and why would I buy into this? Then, I did a little bit of research. So many of the items on the sale have raving reviews on Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, Amazon, etc.
And, the original prices stated on the FabFitFun website to compare to the sale prices are actually true. You know how sometimes you will see false advertising such as 50% off and the retail price gets marked up substantially so it looks like more of a discount for the consumer? Not here thankfully. I decided to try it out and got a few items. Here they are along with my thoughts on them.
🌟 Marrakesh Argan and Hemp Hair Oil 2 fl oz – Retails $22.99
Our powerful blend of nutrient-rich Argan Oil, from Morocco, and ultra fortifying Hemp Seed Oil significantly improves hair condition and texture. Leaves hair feeling silky smooth with a healthy, frizz free, glossy shine. Cuts drying time in half.
🌟 No BS Retinol Night Cream 1 fl oz – Retails $50
This creamy dreamy nighttime moisturizer relies on the power of retinol to soften fine lines and refine skin texture. It kicks cell turnover into high gear while resurfacing skin for a serious glow. Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid keeps everything fresh and dewy, while antioxidant Vitamin E safeguards your skin against nasty free radicals.
This night cream contains 1% retinol, but don’t be fooled by the “low percentage.” It’s powerful enough to get the job done, without irritating your skin. It’s a win!
- Now this one I absolutely love. The next time it pops up on the edit sale, I am going to gobble up a few of them! I can’t remember how much it was but I want to say maybe $10? It has a 5 star rating on Neiman Marcus, and people swear by it to soften fine lines as well as help scars fade!
- I have been using it for a few weeks, and I can attest to its wonders! It is not too harsh on your skin – remember I have sensitive skin!, but I have been using it every other day or every couple of days in order to avoid any potential irritation!
- A nice little trick if you are like me with sensitive skin is to use moisturizer on your skin either right before the serum or right after. Wait for it to dry before applying the second item.
🌟 Skyn Iceland Oxygen Infusion Night Cream 1.98 US oz (56g) – Retails for: $65
USE: Stressed-out skin can be depleted, dull, irritated, flaky, bumpy, angry, broken-out and congested.
This is a gentle emollient formula infused with natural extracts and nurturing bioactive elements. Micro-encapsulated oxygen fortifies and energizes skin, restoring tone and texture to optimal levels. Designed to work with skin’s natural renewal process, it transforms skin on the verge of a nervous breakdown to the translucent, glowing, fresh skin you crave. Free of parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, chemical sulfates and phthalates. 100% vegan and cruelty-free. Dermatologist tested for sensitive skin.
- This has a 4 star rating on Ulta (well really like 4 stars and maybe 1/8 of that 5th star or something), and there are many reviews where people praise its gentle moisturizing powers. I bought this actually as a gift to give my mom.
🌟 Terre Mere Lemon Aloe Night Cream 1.7 oz (50 ml) – Retails for: $112
This light and luxurious cream will smooth and repair oily or combination skin while you sleep, restoring your skin’s elasticity and giving you a radiant supple complexion. We’ve created a therapeutic balance of aloe, green tea, lemon and seaweed to improve your blood circulation and stimulate cell renewal, reducing fine lines and discolorations. Glycolic acid, a natural exfoliant derived from sugar cane and multi-fruit acids from lemon will work together to smooth, freshen and hydrate your skin, while alpha hydroxyl acids reduce fine lines and correct irregular pigmentation.
- Seriously. I forget how much I paid for this one, but I feel like it was around $14. This is because that is about the maximum I would pay for something I have not tried and loved before. Isn’t that crazy? It is $112. Don’t believe me? Here is the site: https://terremerecosmetics.com/products/lemon-aloe-night-cream-combination-oily-skin
- Maybe it is wrong to say this, but honestly I will probably just keep this for myself and use it just to know what it feel like to be wearing a $112 night cream. Must feel luxurious. Especially knowing I spent so little on it. TREAT YO SELF.
Now here comes the FREE stuff! They have a few free items that you can Add-On from the Edit Sale for FREE. Here is what I got:
🌟 Barilla Creamy Ricotta & Basil Pesto
🌟 V8+HYDRATE™ – Strawberry Cucumber
I don’t love either of them, but hey they were pretty good and best of all they were FREE. The pesto was a little too rich for my taste so I added olive oil to tone it down a little and it was delicious and easy for a quick pasta meal! The V8 I honestly just brought to work one day and chugged down. I didn’t really have anything stick out about it. It tasted you know like the generic artificial fruit drink taste you get from like a water bottle or juice. Nothing life-changing but also free so no complaints here. And, best of all I will probably not spend my money on these in the grocery store since I know they are not for me.
SIGN UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION – You will NOT regret it! And let’s be real, YOU DESERVE IT!
Get $10 off your first box by clicking my link https://t.fabfitfun.com/SH25w and using the code: SOCOLD
- I receive credit for each referral that will help me work towards a free box, so thank you for using my code (and saving yourself $10) if you fell in love with this box like I did!
STARTER BOX GIVEAWAY DETAILS
FabFitFun was kind enough to give me 8 starter boxes that I can give away to my friends and followers for FREE. You heard me right. F-R-E-E! These boxes usually cost $19.99 for people to get as trial before signing up for an actual membership and contain 4 to 5 full sized products. FabFitFun has given me 8 of these boxes to give out, and you just have to pay $5 in shipping. There are no other hidden costs associated with the box.
Okay so how does this work? So when you get one of my free boxes it will ask for your information including payment info for the $5 shipping fee. This will sign you up for the 21 day free trial of the membership. This means that for 21 days you get to try all the perks of the membership such as use FabFitFunTV which has tons of exercise, recipe, meditation, and other videos that are great for promoting self care and overall health.
After the 21 days are up you will get a reminder email (but I suggest you also keep track of the timeline yourself!) that once the 21 days are up your trial is complete and you will now be auto-enrolled for the seasonal membership meaning the $49.99 charge each season (4 times a year) for a full box (8-12 full sized items) each season.
If you do not wish to continue into a full-fledged membership, then no worries. Just go ahead and cancel within that 21 day time-frame. There are no cancellation fees or anything associated here, and you get to keep your starter box. So really it’s a free box with just the $5 shipping. No strings attached if you do not want the membership just go ahead and cancel! Give it a try- it is honestly worth it because the items are quality and for $5 shipping for 4 or 5 items it really comes out to $1 a piece and it is NICE stuff. I highly recommend giving it a try!
So HOW do you get one of these? Go ahead and shoot me a message either through my website’s comments (put your email just in the email box for your own privacy because I can see that but it will not be public!) or send me an email at: email@example.com. Send me your name and your preferred email address and why you would like a box!
For reference I have attached an image of a starter box that I sent to one of my best friends this past October. She went ahead and became a member because she loved the items so much! I am not sure if they will be the same items or if they have switched over to a new box yet, but this is just an example.
She got 4 items: the free people eye mask*, the AHAVA hand cream, a spongelle bodywash-infused sponge that is perfect for traveling and has the most luxurious spelling body wash in it, and a large nautical tote bag with a zipper that is perfect for the beach or to carry around some essentials.
*The free people eye mask is my FAVORITE! It has an insert you can put in the freezer (it came in my summer box and feels incredible when you put that cold mask over your eyes!)
Thank you for reading!
So shoot me an email or post a comment (you don’t need to write your email in the comment text itself just the box that asks for your email because the website will let me know your email) for a FREE starter box! Until next time y’all! In the meantime, please enjoys some outtakes from my box photoshoot!