I have been seeing FabFitFun all over Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram, and I finally decided to take the jump. AND IT PAID OFF.
So at $49.99 per box (which comes every season), I was a little hesitant to try it in case I didn’t like some of the items. I felt like $50 was a little steep for a box of random goods that I may or may not use. Then I saw the little promotion for only $29.99 for the 2018 Summer Editor’s Box, AND I got to see all the items in it as well. I WAS SOLD.
So I ordered mine in early August and received it Mid-August for $30. I was SO STOKED for the Trina Turk Turkish Towel, since it looked beautiful and would be a great decorative piece for my home. Also, I would never pay $78 for a towel, but $30 for a box full of goodies that INCLUDED the towel? That seemed like a good deal to me.
The box included the following:
⚜Trina Turk Turkish Towel ($78)
⚜Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case ($58)
⚜Free People x Understated Leather Eye Mask ($40)
⚜ISH Lip Palette ($42)
⚜MakeupDrop Silicone Applicator ($20)
⚜AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream ($33)
⚜Spongellé Body Infused Buffer ($16)
⚜KORRES Shower Gel ($18.50)
The total cost for all of these items would have been $305.50 if I had purchased them individually. And, you know how many times the “retail price” is inflated and higher than anyone actually sells it for? This is not the case. I did some sleuthing, and these items are actually being sold for the prices they advertise as their “price”.
Okay, time for the low down on the products (not sponsored or anything by FabFitFun, just a very opinionated lover of gifts that I buy and send to myself haha!).
So here is my take on it:
- ⚜Trina Turk Turkish Towel ($78)
- This was the item I was most looking forward to receive, and honestly probably what ultimately convinced me to get this box! And, it is STILL my favorite item! It is SO soft, and it is so beautiful! I currently have it draped on an arm of my living room couch (which happens to be a nice teal-ish color).
- The tassels are my favorite part, because it just looks effortlessly chic.
- I also brought it to the pool to test out its towel properties, and even though it is a thin, soft material, it is actually pretty absorbent and dries faster than a normal beach towel. Decorative and functional!
- ⚜Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case ($58)
- I am not a huge makeup person, but I am trying to explore and experiment more (so stay tuned!). I am currently using this case as a store-all for everything, but I am excited to use it to travel. I will probably put my toothbrush, toothpaste, travel bottles, brush, etc in it for traveling!
- ⚜Free People x Understated Leather Eye Mask ($40)
- I LOVE how there is a freezable gel pad inside of it so it’s perfect for a relaxing treat yoself night! Draw a bubble bath, light some candles, and you are all set for a self-care paradise!
- GREAT FOR INFLAMMATION. For most people, deflating puffy eyes. Or if you are a mosquito magnet like me, calming down the 4 mosquito bites around your eye! It honestly was a life-saver for my face, since I usually swell up so much from bites. (See my misfortune on the right!)
- ⚜ISH Lip Palette ($42)
- Beautiful and so creamy! I am a big lipstick person, because I feel like it just makes you look put-together without much other work required!
- Since, I work 13 hour shifts at the pharmacy, I need long-lasting color without any touchups so I have been mixing these colors with Kylie Cosmetics or Kat Von D lipstick for their longer lasting formulas.
- It has been really nice to have all of these colors to mix and match for tons of color options without buying a million lipsticks.
- ⚜MakeupDrop Silicone Applicator ($20)
- I have been dying to try this since I first saw a video of a silicone makeup applicator on Facebook! I was SO EXCITED when I saw this was coming in my box! I have used Beauty Blenders before, and I love how well they blend in makeup, but I didn’t like how they absorbed the product.
- I do like how it blends without absorbing product, and I feel like it is more hygienic since it is silicone and less likely to be harboring bacteria (not trying to have more pimples than necessary here!)
- However, for the most part it is easier and quicker for me to just use my fingers to blend. Maybe once I learn more about makeup (and how to use it!) this will come in handy. For now, I just wear tinted moisturizer so not much blending is really needed anyways.
- ⚜AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream ($33)
- This smells really good, and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. My boyfriend even likes to use it for his dry skin because of the smell!
- It is a rather long tube because it’s the large, bonus-size (yay for more product!), so it isn’t really travel-friendly. I usually have a smaller tube in my purse to carry with me.
- ⚜Spongellé Body Infused Buffer ($16)
- I actually haven’t had a chance to try it yet (I am saving it for traveling so I don’t have to pack any heavy liquid!), but I can smell it even through the plastic, and it smells HEAVENLY. It made the entire box smell amazing, so when I opened it up it was like an air-freshener for my living room!
- ⚜KORRES Shower Gel ($18.50)
- This is in my shower caddy right now! It smells like roses, which I know isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I like it! It is gentle on your skin, and it is really foamy which is a plus in my book!
So basically, I was impressed and satisfied with EVERY SINGLE item in this box! This box is now sold out unfortunately, but they are sending out the Fall Boxes- and mine is on it’s way in the mail (so stay tuned for that post!)
If you would like to order the Fall Box, you can use my discount code PUMPKINSPICE if you click on my link https://t.fabfitfun.com/SH25w for $10 off your first box!
Again, this post is NOT sponsored or anything, but I will earn credits toward a free box if you use my link!
I’ll just leave you with this gif with my favorite new towel!