Happy 1st Day of Fall 2018
HAPPY FALL Y’ALL!!
Sunday, September 23, 2018: The official 1st day of Fall.
This morning was a cool 58 degrees and SO VERY appropriate for the first day of Fall! This is HANDS DOWN my favorite season, because you can wear shorts, skirts, pants, tank tops, sweaters, boots, sandals, and everything in between. I love being able to mix and match different items for a unique outfit, and this is the season that allows me to do it all.
There are these really cute trails by our church that we see every Sunday, and it has been on our to-do list to check them out since we moved here. So, there was no better day than today to take the pup and check it out!
But FIRST, I have not yet introduced you to my newly adopted dog, Trigger. He is a 3-year old pure-bred Poodle and is SO WELL BEHAVED. We have had him 1 month, and he has not had a single accident inside. HOORAH FOR POTTY TRAINING!
Trigger barely barks and is super protective of me. When I brush my teeth or do my makeup in the bathroom, he always comes in and sits at my feet with his back to me so he can face the door. He is always keeping watch on me, and it is so cute. He is also big on cuddles.
I also have not yet introduced you to my boyfriend, Robert. We have been dating for about a year and a half, and he and I moved in together in May when we relocated for both of our careers.
*Fun Fact: I was 90 minutes late for our 2nd date, and Robert sat there patiently waiting for me. But we will get into that story another time.
So, Robert went to college for Advertising & Marketing, but his real passion lies in fashion. He just launched his own clothing company called Managod Co. where he has handmade clothing (as in fabric + a sewing machine) that he distresses and deconstructs as well as vintage pieces. He is honestly so talented, and I really admire him for pursuing his dream. Check out his style and work below:
Check out the Managod Facebook page and Instagram, and give it a like please!
- Managod Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Managodco/
- Managod Instagram (@managod_co): https://www.instagram.com/managod_co/
All right, so some details on the outfit I had fun LAYERING today.
First and foremost, I am completely OBSESSED with Old Navy. About 2 years ago, I bought a pair of their Rockstar Skinny Jeans, and I have never looked back. HANDS DOWN the absolute most comfortable jeans I have ever owned. And this is coming from someone who used to think that J Brand jeans were worth the $200 price tag for their comfort. LET. ME. TELL. YOU. J Brand does not hold a candle compared to Old Navy in comfort!!! And, full price Old Navy jeans are like what $39? And they have sales so often that you can normally get them easily for $15 or $20.
Seriously. You owe it to yourself. Get into an Old Navy store and try their jeans on. You will never look back. I even converted one of my best friends Kat to this obsession and then she told 2 of her sisters and they love them now as well!
I will link everything that I can below:
- Dover Saddlery Black Quilted Riding Vest
- Size Medium
- https://www.doversaddlery.com/vests/c/1603/ ($29.99)
- Old Navy Crew Neck Sweater
- Size Medium in Botanical Green
- https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=60790&pcid=20408&vid=1&pid=284705022 ($36.99)
- J. Crew Men’s Checkered Shirt
- Size L (in Men’s)
- YES I DID BUY THIS FOR MYSELF
- https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/dressshirts/flexwrinklefree/jcrew-mercantile-thompson-flex-wrinklefree-dress-shirt/F7635?color_name=green-white-gingham (on sale for $34.99 right now!)
- Old Navy Stevie Suede-Panel Pants
- Size Small in Maroon Jive
- https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=340125002&searchText=stevie (on sale for $30 now!)
- Frye Campus Boots in Banana
- Size 7.5 (but I would recommend sizing up 1/2 – 1 size since the leather really doesn’t stretch much! So looking back I would have gotten an 8 or even an 8.5 for thicker socks)
- https://www.thefryecompany.com/womens/boots/campus-stitching-horse-d-77370 ($348)
Thanks for reading! Until next time!